Monday, August 05, 2002

Cell Phone Shell Phone Hell Phone


Hello? Hello? Is that you? Are you there? What? I think you're breaking up. I said "breaking up" No, I mean ... your voice, ... wait, I'm just going through ... huh? Wait, there, that's better, can you hear me? No, I'm not going through a break-up, I said going through a tunnel, I meant I couldn't hear you. What? Hold on ... it'll just be a minute. Yep, it's me. Shit! I lost you.


Sorry, yeah, that was me yelling "shit!" Okay, I really thought I lost you there for a minute. Uh huh? Okay, what time? 10:15? What? 2:15? Wait? 2:50? I can't hear you. I think I hit a dead zone here, just hang on. There, that's better. Damn! I did lose them.


That you? This is really getting on my nerves. Okay, yes, the 3:50 show, uh huh. Yep, I'll meet you inside. You get the tickets. ... Yes, I heard you. Right, I know 3:50 okay. Great, good plan. What did people do before they had cell phones, how did they ever connect? Hello?! You there? ... Shit.