Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Blogsisters Hit The Beach



I had so much fun meeting Elaine at York Beach on Wednesday. What a day. And so much for this "old lady crone" stuff -- Elaine is a peppy babe! And she had this swell Blogsisters tee shirt on I really was jones-ing for. We walked along the shore for a long while. Then we sat on the wet sand which stretches very deep into the beach and far out towards one beautiful blue stripe of ocean and talked and talked and talked. We wished all our blog friends were there and talked about all of them, how much we love them, how much we miss them, how strange it is to get to know perfect strangers so well so fast. What the hell blogging is about anyway -- didn't solve that mystery.

The cool wet sand was grey dark and as I stretched out, the seawater started to seep into my jeans from ankle to bottom and then the sand stuck to this, making me look like a breaded veal cutlet on the back side only. We walked up to her beach house to do tarot cards on the back porch with her co-vacationer, Michaela. We drank tea and got warm in the hot sun on the porch. The sand started to fall off of me, like a little hourglass, reminding me I had to leave soon. The relaxed, far niete, do nothing, snooze like a cat in the sun mood was begging me to stay, but I couldn't. Elaine, thanks for a great great day. Getting to know you, getting to know all about you .... getting to like you, getting to hope you like me, ... suddenly I'm bright and breezy ... (something about nicely ... something about precisely), yes, you're my cup of tea.