Thursday, April 18, 2002

Rukeyser Resurrection


He's back on tomorrow night on CNBC -- same time, Friday's @ 8:30pm, NOT the same channel.

Okay, I'll come clean. I do (did) watch Wall Street Week with Louis Rukeyser. I especially miss an old WSW regular, the ultimate nihilist and mega-pessimist, Marty Zweig, who hasn't been on much lately. But I like Rukeyser a lot and was sorry to watch the boneheaded moves by PBS to rid themselves of him. When they pulled a "Bob Villa" on him a few weeks ago and fired him, figuring he wasn't pulling the younger crowd numbers, they really blew it.

Here are just a few GREAT comments from JumpTheShark.com about their idiotic first show without Rukeyser. If you missed it, it was pretty poor.

-- Tonite (3/29/02) for sure. With Louis out of there and and a bunch of geriatric panelists (except for that lunatic Grant) that poor sob from Vanguard looked like I feel when visiting the relatives in the nursing home. No more PBS contributions from me.
-- Tonight (3/29/02) -- I agree with the last person. I just fired off an email to MPT and my local PBS station to tell them tonight's show was either a wake or a root canal. I couldn't quite decide. How they figure setting a bunch of geezers in front of the camera is going to nab the coveted 25-45 demographic more than Louis Rukeyser is beyond me


Break a leg, Lou. (But please, don't end up in a nursing home.)