Wednesday, April 03, 2002

New Job


I do lots of things. I help people write and edit books on technology/marketing/net phenomena. I do my own writing -- fiction and non-fiction. I write business plans. I also have a real estate license. I got it on a whim last year, since it meant going to a crash course on real estate law for two days and taking a licensing exam on a computer touch screen -- sounded like fun. So I just started working in Central Square in Cambridge doing apartment rentals. If you've ever tried to find an apartment in Boston, you know it's a bear. But fear not, just call me, have I gotta deal for you!


The best part is all the walking around Harvard Square learning the names of the streets -- a poet's dream -- Trowbridge, Ellery, Dana, Lamont, Hovey. A spring day, fresh after rain, with a hundred cobbled streets to walk. I love it.


And then there's carrying all the keys around like a warden, opening up apartments and looking in on a hundred lives, or a hundred futons when it comes to Cambridge -- a fiction writer's dream -- each door opens like a new hardcover book, full of the most unlikely characters.


Needless to say, I am the soul of discretion and if you need a place to live, drop an email.