Thursday, July 21, 2005

Hotel California

Vacationing on the Cape, in fact, at a motel in Wellfleet down the way from friends who've rented a beach house for a couple of weeks. They've got 5 kids, didn't seem right to add to their full house.

Every vacation has music associated withit for me ... and the week in LA two weeks back was all about the song "Hotel California" which some great musicians (typical LA thing) in a restaurant serenaded me and my French friend Nathalie, her son and mine to as we ate on a hot sunny late afternoon lunch at Universal City Walk. They were awesome and I loved the guy's shiny National guitar.

So I got the Nath-ster a copy of the Eagles Greatest Hits as a good-bye present yesterday -- she went home to France after her year here (big tears) -- and that's the music I think I'll associate with this trip to the Cape too. I got us a copy of the same.

We've been sucking down Tequilla Sunrise, driving down Rt. 6 to Desperado, laying back to Peaceful Easy Feeling and I'm giving everyone the Best of My Love. One thing for sure though -- this is NOT Life In The Fast Lane.