Thursday, May 19, 2005

Worthwhile Party In New York

I'll have pictures up tomorrow, but let me say this was a wonderful evening on board (think rolling under your feet -- yes, it's on real water!) the Stad Amsterdam to celebrate Worthwhile's launch. Luckily, the boat was NOT launched into full seas. We were moored next to the South Street Seaport and Pier 17, enjoying the May evening, which got a little chilly up top, so we all had fun below eating terrific grub and drinking ... well, you know me, I don't drink ... so I was drinking iced tea. Mysteriously however, they had a soda machine which was rigged up with Lipton Iced Tea with Lemon which they served carbonated. I know this must have been a mistake, but the stuff was pretty terrific. Tasted a bit like iced tea flavored club soda!

The crew of Dutch sailors were very nice and very funny. They look like they have a blast sailing the Stad Amsterdam around the world. In fact, the ship is headed to England tomorrow ... or was it Saturday.

Great to catch up with everyone from Worthwhile and especially to meet press, advertisers and other well-wishers who came down to the boat to party.