Saturday, May 07, 2005

Seriously Weird Conversations

Lately, I've been having conversations with people -- friends, new ones and old ones -- where they mention something personal I have NOT told them.

It stops me dead in my tracks.

And then I realize, they have READ something in my blog that I wrote and that's how they know some specific thing that has happened to me or that I feel passionate about.

It's the weirdest thing.

I had to ask a friend the other day, "HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?!" all of a sudden in the middle of something he was saying.

"I read it on your blog," he said, as if it were obvious.

It's a bit like wearing a plastic name tag with the name LUCILLE printed on it and after you've left work and traveled downtown, a strange man comes up to you and says, "What can I do for you Lucille?" and you say rather shocked, "How did you know my name!?!"