Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Double Standard?

I'm reading comments about the many sins Carly Fiorina allegedly committed and I can't help thinking if a man did some these things, no one would think twice about it. Is she really being judged fairly, or judged as a woman?

The emphasis on her "doing things people didn't like" and "alienating people" is very odd to me -- ever heard of male CEOs doing things people didn't like and alienating people? No one would say a word about that.

I'm being accused of making this a gender discussion -- but aren't the guys who are saying that Carly wasn't NICE, turning the discussion into a gender issue?

Did anyone ever say anything negative about Jack Welch being not very "nice"? If I remember correctly, he could be a real bastard and was usually PRAISED FOR IT.