Monday, October 18, 2004

Memory Lane Goes Feedster

I got a chance to catch up with Feedster CTO, Francois Schiettecatte last week and interview him for my web-based radio show on IT Conversations, Memory Lane.

You guys might already know Feedster CEO, Scott Rafer and Feedster Co-Founder and VP of Engineering, Scott Johnson, but take some time to meet Francois, who's smart as hell and a most civilized, cultured, sophisticated European geek. His accent might surprise you. Yes, he's originally French, but he went to school in the UK, so he sounds a little British, but you'll be interested to find out that he's actually an American citizen.

It was fun to talk with him and find out what Feedster's been up to, their alliance with The Washington Post, as well as get Francois to give me all the low down on search engines in general and his thoughts on A9, Clusty, Google, Yahoo, Lycos, AltaVista -- the whole nine yards.

The show will be posted tomorrow I believe, when the Feedster folks will all be in San Francisco hosting a dinner. Wish I could be there, but I'll be getting ready to head up north to Maine. Drop by if you can to meet the whole crew and say hi for me to Scott, Scott and Francois.

And one last thing, if you didn't get a chance to hear my interview with venture capitalist David Orfao, from General Catalyst Partners, don't miss it.